As part of our project I will also need to create a poster, advertising our film.
Therefore, I decided to look at posters that have already been created to see what conventions make a successful poster.
I noticed that:
- Red is a typical convention for text as it has connotations of blood.
- The posters are generally quite basic, so that they have a lasting impact.
- A tagline from the film is often featured on the poster.
- The main character is featured on the poster.
- Credits are noted along the bottom.
- The background is typically black, with white writing.
- The release date for the film is always included, as well as the minimum age.